This year for my birthday, December 6, 2009, I’m trying to raise cash for the Midnight Mission a non-profit organization in LA that helps the homeless and has a 12 Step approach. If you’re planning to give me a gift this year I would certainly appreciate a small donation to this worthy charity.
Their mission statement:
- To offer a bridge to self-sufficiency for homeless people through counseling, education, training and job placement.
- To make available the necessities of life to homeless people: food, shelter, clothing, personal hygiene needs, and medical care.
- To offer the 12-step approach to recovery.
- To serve homeless people with empathy and respect, without sermonizing.
- To provide for the homeless as an independent social service agency.
In 1995 and 1996 I had the opportunity to visit the Midnight Mission first hand and see the good work they do. I also know several people who personally got their second chance at the Mission and made the most of it.
All I want this year for my birthday is second chances for others and you can help me achieve that goal.
Click here to donate through my birthday wish.